Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ironman 70.3 Kansas




The race started well despite the fact that it was only a handful of people who I could swim with. Right after the start I caught up with a swimmer and was able to draft until the last few hundred yards. I exited the water in 8th position, 3 minutes back to the first big group. It was considered a good swim for me.
The first ten minute on the bike was about to pull myself together. As soon as I had a sip of my GSH Ignite Pro Series drink, my body suddenly woke up and I started to push. I moved up on the bike and entered T2 in 4th place.
The leaders, Alexander and Bretscher were more than 5 minutes ahead but I knew I was within 1 minute back to Hadley who ran in 3rd postion. I didn’t want to go all out at the beginning of the run so I was glad that I caught him quickly. I passed him but he didn’t fall back and maintained a 10 sec gap between us.
My body and my legs felt good but I wasn’t ready for him to attack me back. He increased his pace at around 9 miles and I just couldn’t respond. Although he slowed down in the last miles, I couldn’t catch up and he finished 34 sec ahead of me.
Overall I had a good race: a 26 min 28 sec swim, a 2 hour 11 min bike and a 1 hour 18 min run. Compare to my last year’s 9th place I got 4th this year and my times improved significantly too.
Thanks to the useful guidelines from Ignite Naturals, my nutrition plan worked perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment